2.27.2008

UPDATE: Oregon or Bust


Ok, so I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing. "He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it..." That includes blogging.

In case you haven't heard, Kara, Caleb & I will be changing addresses at the end of March. We have been in conversation with Salem Alliance Church (www.salemalliance.org) since October of 2007 regarding a worship leader position. After 5 1/2 years of ministry at Redding Christian Fellowship, we felt a God-given freedom to look at this opportunity.

After two visits with the church, they called and extended us an offer. We knew it was time. God has led us every step, and we are confident that this is where God is calling our family.

This past week was full of tears and hugs as we announced this decision to our high school group and to the church body. I never want to have to do that again. To see kids that you have poured your life into for four years crying because you are leaving - not fun. Yet God showed up even at that moment and ministered to our kids through the adult volunteer staff members. We spent the bulk of the night crying and loving each other - hmm, kinda like a family. Interesting.

I will be joining the Salem Alliance team April 1st. Which means that we have to pack! Holy Cow! Why am I typing when I could be packing?!

I will keep you posted about our adventure north. For now, pray that God helps the bank approve a "short sale" of our home in Redding. And that housing in Salem is provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment