3.29.2009

a lot can happen in a year

Today marked one year since we loaded up our Budget Truck and drove 6 hours north to what awaited us at our new home in Salem, OR...kinda weird. There were times after we moved, where I looked at my wife who was mourning our move and told her, "Babe, give it a year and it'll be better." Well, we made it. And it is better.

You know those times in life when it sucks, and somebody tries to encourage you by quoting a scripture or saying they'll pray for you, and it goes out the other end of your ear hole faster than a parent-ignoring teenager. Yeah, we had those moments...sometimes still do. It wasn't that we didn't appreciate people's motives in trying to help us see things a bit differently. But you can't see life differently until you're in a different spot - no matter what Hallmark cards say.

I don't want to sound like a whiner. This past year had some great moments too. Our family welcomed in it's newest member Samaria. God provided a place to rent and a car. I love my job and the people I work with. Kara has gotten involved with Hearts at Home (mom's bible study), and has turned our house into a warm, comfy home. Both Caleb and Sam are the best kids ever (don't take my word for it, Google it). And we have started this adventure just like any adventure...with transition. 365 days of transition.

Thanks to all of you who prayed for us during this last year. We seriously could not have made it without your support.

Gosh, I sound like I'm accepting an award for something. I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a whole year. To me, it seems like it's gone by so fast. But to you who's been in it, no doubt it has barely crept by. I can literally remember watching the calendar everyday just waiting for that one year mark when things were supposed to feel "settled". I am glad things are a bit better and that you and Kara are settling into life in Oregon, but just so you know.... you are always welcome to whine about missing home :)

    ReplyDelete