I have been avoiding this entry because I have put a lot of pressure on myself to communicate what it was like to go from hearing the world with half of my hearing to ALL of my hearing...and then some!
So I made a list of things as the days unfolded...some big...some not so big...here goes...
- seatbelt makes a click sound
- raindrops on the windshield
- melody/harmony...never heard it, BEAUTIFUL!
- water splashing on the sink
- ice machine...crushed...yummy
- my kids in the back seat, talking, singing, arguing, all of it!
- my oven timer, even from another ROOM!
- the prelude to the Chuck series has a bunch of background sounds that I never knew were there
- birds chirping
- the sound of the steamer when my dirty chai is being made
- the sound of paper ripping and scrunching
- had to turn down the ringer on my cell phone
- at the park w/ the kids and heard all these adorable little voices w/ wind and falling leaves
- the carousel was annoying loud :)
- music played from the ipod or in the car does not have to be full blast
- people whispering...both ears and from all kinds of distances
- my friends and families voices as they really are...tears...lots of tears...
- the sound of Ally's id tag clinking against her collar (Ally is our chocolate lab...first born)
- annoying talking/noise toys that our family buys for our children! thx grandparents!
- the sound of someone eating a banana...loudly
- my feet hitting the ground as I run...and all the feet around me too, so I don't do that anymore!
- knuckles cracking
- cymbals...you know...like w/ the drums...never heard those before
- zits popping...love that sound :)
- discovered "background" music levels
- cereal hitting the bowl
- hearing people WITHOUT reading their lips and seeing their faces
- egg shaker - thought those were for the people who could not sing but wanted to be on stage ;)
- tv shows w/o captions...and I can hear everything!
- egg shells cracking
- finger nails being clipped...cool sound that goes w/ that gross job
- i never understood why there was keyboard AND piano at the same time, turns out, they are different, layering i think is the fancy/music word
- church/worship/teaching was AMAZING!!!
- hearing my hubby sing, fully and completely, I was a mess, it was/is beautiful! more to come on hearing my man talk and sing...its gonna be a tear jerker...stay tuned!
oh the wonderful sounds...
PS...I have also realized that I AM REALLY LOUD...so I would like to publicly apologize to all of you for my loudness! I AM SO SORRY! WOW...I had no idea! Bad news is...I passed it onto my kids...ugh!!!