11.16.2008

"Before the Throne of God Above"

Do you ever have songs that come into your eardrum and they won't go away. No matter how much you try, they hang around. Usually that drives me crazy. But this is a song that has been in my head and I don't know if I want it gone yet. Take a listen...



Here are the words...

Before the throne of God above.
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest who's name is Love.
Who ever lives and pleads for me:
My name is graven on His hand.
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in Heaven he stands;
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When satan tempts me to despair
and tells me of the guilt within
upward I look and see Him there.
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because a sinless Savior died
my sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
to look on Him and pardon me.

Hallelujah
Praise the One Risen Son of God.

Behold Him the risen Lamb.
My perfect spotless righteousness.
The great unchangable I am.
The King of Glory and of grace.
One in Himself, I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood.
My life is hid with Christ on high.
With Christ my savior and my God.

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this song. I needed to hear it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, you made me cry. Guess I am missing good worship and being a part of good worship. Oh how I wish I could be there for your worship. Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete