11.26.2011

The "Big Yellow House"

A few years back when we first moved to West Salem, my friend Trina and I were driving to the YMCA early one morning to workout. As we passed this awesome yellow Victorian looking house w/ white trim, a big huge yard, an awesome porch w/ a swing and a basketball hoop outside...I say to her, "I am going to have that house someday, I LOVE it!"
She turns to me w/ a smile and says, "do you know whose house that is?"
"No idea," I reply
"That is the Stumbo's house" (John and Joanna were our Lead Pastors at the time, check out his blog if you don't know their story)

Fast forward to April/May 2011. Jeff is working w/ John on his book cover and toward the end of one of their conversations John asks Jeff about our living situation. Long story short, he and Joanna want to rent their home to us?!? What? Yes, that is right ladies and gentlemen, the "Big Yellow House" as my kids call it!

Meanwhile, my mom and her husband have been living in Nevada for the last 5 years and if you know me and my mom we don't really do long distance well! Her and Rali were looking at moving here to Salem, but needed work and a place to live. With the "BYH" in the pic, Mom and Rali could live w/ us. (More than enough room for all of us!) Now all my mom needs is a job, but wait, Salem Alliance is hiring a receptionist...mom applies, we wait, and Praise the Lord...she gets the job! Now they have a place to live and a job!

What an emotional roller coaster and whirlwind! We had 13 people show up to help us move on a Sunday after Jeff lead worship all weekend. (keep in mind, this is the weekend after Holy Week and Easter, Jeff's "peak season") We loaded, moved and unloaded in less than 4 hours! CRAZY! Annie Dudley made dinner for everyone at the "BYH" we ate and had people home for an early bedtime! So BLESSED BY FRIENDS who LOVE us! Thank you all who helped!!!

I had been praying for 5 years that I would get to live in the same city as my mom again...
I had flippantly said to a friend, "I am going to have that house someday"...
I had prayed for my mom to get a job where she was loved, valued, and enjoyed her work...
God heard me...
He is My Father who loves me...
He desires to give me good gifts...






No comments:

Post a Comment